Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm Sorry Todd Reesing

I suppose as a blog that owes its identity to the undeniable fact that Kansas is better than Mizzou, I must show up and comment on the game this past weekend. I would say that KU may have lost the battle and will win the war, but the game of the century just played was called the Border "War", so I guess we did lose the war.

I'm not sure we made any specific predictions here, but mine would have been about 35-34 KU, which is about what we got. But, here's a video of some exuberant predictions in the parking lot before the game.



I'll spare the sour grapes (Why was Reesing wearing gloves for the first time this year, and just happened to grossly underthrow two balls that resulted in crucial turnovers? Why did formerly dependable Scott Webb miss two field goals, leaving us at zero at the half and definitely without any momentum? What the hell was up with playing a neutral game that could've been played in front of 52,000 KU fans? Why did we not have just one more timeout, which would have left KU 1:15 instead 20 seconds to make the game winning drive?) and say that Mizzou was simply the better team Saturday night. Chase Daniel was perfect, and the Tigers didn't turn the ball over, while KU did twice.

Where were the red leggings KU usually wears? More political correctness nonsense? At least the fans were prepared...


I'm not sure about the Arrowhead deal. I had a great time in the parking lot, after the hour plus wait to get in, but I would have had the same amount of fun in Lawrence, or more. And I definitely did not like sharing the stadium with Mizzou people, or having to leave with them celebrating, or having to get out of Arrowhead.

Certainly did not feel like the 70-30 split KU fans were told to expect by AD Lew Perkins, but that may have been because MU got off to a great start and KU was a bit deflated early. But it was closer to 50-50 than 70-30. Here's a video of me not feeling the crowd on the way into the stadium:



Ok, I am sure. It was a retarded move. Play the game on the campuses. If I wanted to sit with thousands of Mizzou fans I'd go to a road game. I don't like road games, I like games in Lawrence. Plus, anything that helps Carl Peterson is just necessarily evil. I will never attend another KU game in Arrowhead. Unless I'm in town next year for Border War. The team still deserves support, even if the KU administration is retarded.

I do admit to having some bad thoughts about my team as KU went down 21-0 and then 28-7. I was calling for a series of Kerry Meier after the second pick Reesing threw. Nothing against Todd, I just felt that he was rattled and maybe Meier could change the tempo. But Reesing came out and rallied Kansas to within a touchdown with 2 minutes and change left, which included a naked bootleg dive into a couple of Mizzou defenders for the touch. I also leaned over to my brother and said at one point, "I'd rather be 8-4 and win this game." I'm sure that's not true, but perhaps 10-2 with this win? Oh yeah.

11-1, though, is an amazing accomplishment for this team. Missouri is good, no doubt. Everyone had a great year. Need to go and get some better athletes on the defensive line, a bit more depth on the offensive line, and maybe an explosive weapon like the Tigers' Jeremy Maclin. Another year of recruiting, a year to build the offense to Reesing's strengths, develop Meier as an all-purpose weapon, we should be good to go next year. At least we're not home for the holidays, like the Wildcats are!

We did get to do the Rock Chalk, but only the pre-game version. Overall, the game sucked. Maybe next year. More on the bowl game picture later when the depression lifts (just kidding, I'm not really depressed, but I don't want to write a bunch about potential bowl games four weeks from now when KU just lost the biggest game in their history).

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2007 7:51 PM, Blogger Brooke Wehner said...

What the hell was up with not wearing the red socks? That in itself set us up to fail. I spent the entire morning before the game searhing for red socks to wear. I felt if I didn't find them, I'd be loser before the game started. I was right.

 
At November 28, 2007 12:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like we posted the same post. Suck it slavers. There I said it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home